Throughout his career in the credit union movement Donal Coghlan has had direct engagement with over 200 credit unions. Donal can leverage the knowledge gained from these interactions along with his professional investment acumen and experience to assist the boards and management of credit unions better understand the investment challenges and opportunities that exist in a credit union.
Fairway Advisers works in co-operation with credit unions providing professional advice on the management of their investment portfolios. Our advisory services include the following activities:
- Provide investment advisory services in compliance with regulations and legislation and consistent with the Credit Union’s own investment policy and risk appetite.
- Help develop and implement investment strategies aligned to the Credit Union’s asset liability management approach that will maintain or enhance investment portfolio quality and performance.
- Provide detailed reports on the investment portfolio including compliance with regulatory requirements, portfolio performance and valuations.
- Meet with financial institutions and other product providers to represent you and achieve best terms & rates on investment products.
- Perform due diligence reviews of current and proposed financial institutions and counterparties.
- Provide the Credit Union with cost effective methods in which to manage its investments and work with the Credit Union to ensure coordination of investment trades.
- Provide guidance an accounting methodology and be available for year end audit.
- Provide Credit Union staff and officers with ongoing training and technical advice as needed.
- Provide regular updates and research on changes that may impact on your existing or proposed investments.
- Review the arrangements and safeguards in place with custodians and other counterparties in which the Credit Union places funds.
Fairway Advisers specialises in providing impartial, competitive and expert investment advice and services to credit unions. The firm operates on the basis of full cost transparency and provides services for fixed fees with rebates of fees and commissions payable from third party banks and other product producers.